LearnLaunch Across Boundaries Conference This Week in Boston
This Thursday and Friday, February 2-3, we’re excited to be attending the 5th annual LearnLaunch Across Boundaries Conference in our hometown of Boston, Massachusetts at the Hynes Convention Center. (After a long month of covering conferences around the world, a conference at home is just what we need!) We already know educators and edtech startups from around the world will be in attendance, and we can’t wait to speak to them about their perspectives on education today, and predictions for the future.
To get a sneak peek of just what the conference will have in store for you this year, here’s a run-down of what to expect.
The event will feature a number of keynotes from prominent speakers covering educational ideas and tech innovations of today.
- “The State of the Edtech Marketplace” with Ken Vander Ark, CEO, Getting Smart
- “Will Robots Eat Your Job?” with Erik Brynjolfsson, Director, MIT Initiative on the Digital Economy
- “What Neuroscience has to say for Education 2.0” with John Gabrieli, Professor of Health Sciences and Technology and Cognitive Neuroscience, MIT.
- “Personalizing K-12” with Phyllis Lockett, CEO, LEAP Innovations
- “Personalizing Higher Ed” by Joseph E. Aoun, President, Northeastern University
With a number of concurrent breakout sessions, there is a huge lineup of speakers for the LearnLaunch conference. Here are just a few.
- Joseph Aoun, President, Northeastern University
- Wendy Cebula, President and COO, edX
- Elizabeth Chou, Partner, New Markets Venture Partners
- Brook Colangelo, CTO, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Jillian Darwish, President, Mayerson Academy
- Brian Dixon, Partner, Kapor Capital
- Jonathan Finkelstein, Founder and CEO, Credly
- John Duong, Director, Strategic Social Investments, Lumina
- Chris Gabrieli, Chair, The Massachusetts Board of Higher Education
- Karen Greenleaf, Head of Content, Google for Education
- Stephen Laster, Chief Digital Officer, McGraw-Hill Education
- Paul LeBlanc, President, Southern New Hampshire University
- Nicole Neal, CEO and Co-Founder, Noodle Markets
- Adam Seldow, Head of Education Partnerships, Facebook
- Matt Sigelman, CEO, Burning Glass Technologies
LearnLaunch Accelerator Breakthrough Program Showcase with featured speaker Michael E. Hansen, CEO, Cengage
The latest cohort of the LearnLaunch Accelerator is about to finish their 4-week condensed program, and will be presenting their companies at the LearnLaunch Across Boundaries Conference on Friday at 8 am. Here’s the full list so you can see what the companies are all about.
The LearnLaunch Breakthrough Winter 2017 Cohort:
Note: If you’re planning on going, be sure to register as soon as possible, because our sources tell us tickets are almost sold out.
See you there!
Hannah Nyren is the General Manager of EdTech Times. A Texan by birth but a Bostonian at heart, Hannah is an educational writer, AmeriCorps alum, and one-time StartupWeekend EDU (SWEDU) winning team member. She started her career at a Pearson-incubated edtech startup, but has since covered travel, food & culture, and even stonemasonry in addition to education.