ASU GSV Summit: What to Expect in San Diego
ASU GSV Summit is back this April as one of the leading U.S. education technology forums. The summit will take place from April 18-20 at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego.
In its seventh year, the event was created under a partnership between the investment firm GSV Capital and Arizona State University. C-level executives, angel investors, policy makers and edtech experts will be looking to check out new ideas and trends in the industry when we head to San Diego next month.
Some notable speakers will include Bill Gates, Dr. Michael Crow, Jim Collins, Sal Khan, Ted Mitchell, Adam Freed, Adrian Mims, Anant Agarwal, and Brett Kopf.
A Sneak Peek of the ASU-GSV Summit Agenda
- K-12 Challenge: Choosing the Right Innovation Model for Your School
- Top Of Mind: Why Is Education Not More Central To The American Political Discourse
- GSV Primetime Talk: Stephen Laster, Chief Digital Officer, McGraw-Hill Education
- Inside Baltimore County Public Schools’ STAT Initiative
- May the Best EdTech Products Win
- From the University Labs: A Glimpse into the Future of EdTech
- Business as a Force for Good: Introducing B-Corps and Higher Education Hosted by the Lumina Foundation
- Abandoning Average—How to Personalize Learning in the Classroom
- Exclusive Leading Educator Session: Q&A with Sal Khan, Founder, Khan Academy
- Close the Gap! Poverty Solutions that Work: A Session with Eric Jensen, author of Teaching with Poverty
- Rethinking the Transition from Education to Career — A Fireside Chat with author Jeff Selingo and Roadtrip Nation’s Mike Marriner
- Breakfast and Keynotes: The Future of Education: John Fallon, CEO, Pearson and Rick Levin, CEO, Coursera; Dr. Michael Crow, President, Arizona State University and the 2016 McGraw-Hill Education Prize Winners
- The Art and Science of Student Success: Reflections on Using Data Science and Design Thinking to Help Students Learn Well and Finish Strong
- Empowering student voice in K-20 through technology; creating collaborative, authentic learning environments.
- Keynote Presentation: Bill Gates, Founder, Microsoft, and CEO, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Followed by Bill Gates Keynote Interview with Deborah Quazzo, Founder and Managing Partner, GSV Advisors
- Mind Of Your Own: RoboEd Or How Adaptive Technologies, Big Data, AI and other Technology Megatrends Are Impacting the Learning and Talent Sectors.
- Replacing College Rankings with a College Value Framework
Also check out links to videos from from previous years.
Nate Leese is an Emerson College senior journalism student focusing on long term photography projects and visual media. Growing up a third culture kid he enjoys learning about relationships between cultures during times of change.