SIIA Announces Finalists for its Innovation Incubator Program
The Software & Information Industry Association’s Education Division announced the finalists for its Innovation Incubator program. The finalists were chosen from an applicant pool based on specific criteria, such as: Education Focus and end user impact/ Market Need for innovation, Representation of K-12/Post-secondary market levels, and level of originality and innovation. Although the finalist were selected from an applicant pool, SIIA will award the Most Innovative and Most Likely to Succeed, based on votes from the persons attending the conference.
The Finalists for SIIA’s Innovation Incubator Program are:
- eProf Education Inc, eProf – The first commerce platform allowing education businesses a turnkey solution for taking their business online
- InstaEDU – Online affordable tutoring with video, audio and text chat, collaborative whiteboard, text editor and code compiler.
- Leading Edge Certification – With 3 programs: Online and Blended Teacher, Administration, and Digital Educator, LEC is a unique national Certification program in educational technology and curriculum innovation.
- LightSail Education, LightSail – Adaptive, tablet-based, literacy platform for grade K-12.
- Nervanix – Using advanced EEG (brainwave monitoring) technology, NERVANIX determines whether and to what extent a student is paying attention, and then uses that data to inform instruction.
- Net Texts – Net Texts is a flexible system that allows educators to use and customize open educational resources (OER), copyrighted information, and their own material to create virtual courses that can supplement or replace textbooks.
- Portfoliyo, Parent-teacher texting – Web or Mobile app teachers use to text parents; quick and easy way for teachers to stay in contact with parents
- RoboKind, Robots4Autism – Humanoid robot that delivers research-based interventions and curriculum.
- Shindig – Participate from anywhere with Shindig, for students, professors, parents and administrators with computer and internet access.
- TeacherMatch, Educator’s Professional Inventory – a new hiring assessment designed to pin-point top candidates for any teaching position.
The winner of SIIA’s Innovation Incubator Program will be announced at the annual Education Business Forum held at the McGraw Hill Conference Center in New York on December 10-11
For more information read the Press Release.
Yasmin Bailey , a sophomore in college, is the Content Manager for Ed Tech Times.