Meru Networks partners with LanSchool
Meru Networks, Inc., (NASDAQ:MERU), a leader in virtualized 802.11n enterprise wireless networking, today announced a partnership with LanSchool, a provider of classroom management and monitoring software, to deliver a Wi-Fi based uninterrupted learning management solution for classroom, school, campus or district-wide deployments. With Meru and LanSchool, schools can easily support 1-to-1 and BYOD initiatives; IT can manage the network, teachers can manage the class and students can manage their assignments.
Meru and LanSchool are working together to support iPads, laptops, smartphones and other mobile devices in schools, for uninterrupted learning over the Wi-Fi network. By partnering, Meru and LanSchool reduce several common barriers to the successful implementation of the digital classroom:
- IT will be able to simplify mobile device connectivity and Wi-Fi network operations using Meru’s single-channel, virtualized network architecture.
- Teachers will be able to detect and deter common distractions such as Web surfing, games and instant messaging during class time, with real-time monitoring capabilities from LanSchool.
- Students will be able to collaborate with their peers and connect directly with their teachers with screen-sharing, chat and mobility solutions from both vendors.
“The combination of LanSchool and Meru takes two best-of-class products and combines them into a robust solution that helps schools deliver wireless access to students on virtually any Wi-Fi device, without losing the ability to monitor, manage and collaborate. In short, an elegant solution to the BYOD issue,” said Ben Cahoon, President, Stoneware.
The partnership allows schools or districts to deploy a single solution for wireless classroom management. The Meru and LanSchool solution benefits include:
- Uninterrupted Learning – Meru’s predictable and reliable Wi-Fi, optimized for multimedia delivery means teachers can focus on teaching and students can focus on learning.
- Scale – As schools expand learning solutions in the classrooms both solutions can scale seamlessly together while minimizing the impact on IT.
- Platform Agnostic – Both Meru and LanSchool support a full spectrum of mobile devices, including Apple iOS and Android platforms.
- Network Efficiency – LanSchool requires between 5 percent and 20 percent of the bandwidth used by other solutions. In addition, Meru’s Air Traffic Control™ technology delivers fair and consistent user experience regardless of the device.
- Easy to Deploy – Meru reduces the need for channel planning, simplifying network deployments or expansions, where even IT can often deploy the Wi-Fi without expensive consultants. LanSchool deployment is as simple as deploying LanSchool Teacher Console and distributing Student Agents.
“Schools depend on reliable, ubiquitous connectivity. They want uninterrupted video streaming, even in the largest of classrooms. Meru’s unique virtual cell based architecture is designed to give IT the capacity, performance and control needed to successfully deploy digital classroom applications such as LanSchool,” said Sarosh Vesuna, general manager of Education business unit at Meru Networks.