Palo Alto, CA based Answer Underground, an exclusively mobile app that connects students and teachers with academic groups for question & answer based learning, has launched a feature that verifies academic’s accounts within their user community. This functionality, initially available for iOS, will allow for certification of correct answers when they are posted in their respective study groups.
Answer Underground offers the following features:
- Newly verified accounts for academics to approve answers within the applications validating the accuracy of users answers
- Ability to control privacy settings of a user’s question within a private or public study group
- Advanced security filters to ensure a safe academic environment
- Instant access to academics and educators from all over the US
- Educators have the ability to store course information from within the app
- Collaboration with students studying same subject matter from different universities or K-12 sharing knowledge
- In-app notifications via push notifications when a users’ question is answered
Since its launch in the spring of last year, AU says its engagement levels show 45% of users spending more than 30 mintutes at a time in the app, with 63% of users returning to use the app more than twice a day.
“Collaboration is fundamental to the education experience. The nature of how our society functions through collaboration and in this mobile age, it’s intertwined through technology. We’re delighted to introduce verified academic accounts to our iPad application. This is just the first of several tools and upgrades we plan to deliver to our community that is focused on increasing academic empowerment,” stated Sallie Severns, Answer Underground’s Founder and CEO in a prepared statement.
Answer Underground free for students and teachers and is available in the Apple® App Store for iOS based devices with plans to expand to the Android market later along with new premium features. Answer Underground is available at www.answerunderground.com/
Be sure to check back later today for an EdTech Times Q&A with AU CEO, Sallie Severns.