Noyo launches Portuguese for Kindle Fire
The Amazon Kindle Fire version of Noyo Portuguese, the critically acclaimed Portuguese language learning tablet app, is now available. Noyo’s graphics-centric, interactive platform features nearly 200 custom-illustrated scenes, high-quality audio, and built-in assessment questions to help students learn over 1,800 Portuguese vocabulary words and phrases. Noyo Portuguese for the Kindle is now available in the Amazon Appstore, and works for the Kindle Fire as well as other Android tablets.
“The Noyo Portuguese app really works great on the Kindle Fire. We’ve had great reviews for our Noyo language apps so far and are excited to offer the app on the Fire and other Android tablets through the Amazon Appstore. Tablets are transforming education, and we are excited to offer this great Portuguese vocabulary builder to students, teachers, and parents. We view the Kindle Fire and the Amazon App Store as critical components of the tablet learning ecosystem,” said Ted Chan, CEO of Noyo.
Noyo Portuguese is a welcome departure from the usual flashcards and dry vocabulary-building systems. The app takes users on a virtual journey through an entertaining landscape of lively scenes. The curriculum helps beginning learners strengthen their Portuguese vocabulary by linking relevant words and phrases with associated terms, colorful graphics, and vibrant sound.
“The Kindle Fire combined with Noyo’s innovative interactive platform is an exciting way for any novice student to get a jumpstart on learning Portuguese,” said co-creator Mike Sullivan, who serves as Chief Learning Officer. “Users of Noyo Portuguese quickly gain confidence working in a new language.”
Noyo introduces Portuguese vocabulary words and phrases in context by using entertaining images and professional audio. This approach provides a strong educational foundation for language learning. A talented team of graphic design artists enlivens each lesson with comical characters and amusing scenarios, and every word or phrase is voiced by a native Portuguese speaker. Noyo Portuguese provides ten targeted vocabulary units, each with its own set of assessment questions to keep learning on track.
Features of Noyo’s Kindle Portuguese app include:
- Over 1800 vocabulary words, each reinforced by supporting audio, visual representation, and written translation
- 195 custom-illustrated scenes, packed with friendly characters and amusing scenarios
- Audio by a professional voice artist who is a native Portuguese speaker
- 10 targeted units, featuring vocabulary covering Food, Transportation, Restaurant, City, Home, Vacation, Seasons, Animals, School and Sports
- Built-in assessment questions at the end of each unit
- Intuitive, user-friendly navigation system
- Email your test scores and assessment to your teacher
- Available in Portuguese, Spanish, with other languages including English-as-a-Second Language, French, Mandarin and Hebrew coming soon for the Kindle Fire
The Noyo Portuguese app is available at an introductory price of $7.99 for the Kindle Fire and other Android tablets in the Amazon Appstore. Noyo Portuguese for the iPad is available at the same price. More information can be found at http://www.noyo.com.