myEDU launches new tools to help college students connect with employers
Online student platform MyEDU has announced the launch of MyEdu Student Profile and MyEdu for Employers.
“Having already helped millions of students navigate a clear path to their academic goals, MyEdu is now tackling the challenge of matching students and young professionals with employers,” says Michael Crosno, Founder, Chairman and CEO of MyEdu. “Our mission is to help all students achieve their goals and get the best return on what they invest in their education. Finding the right job or internship is a huge part of that.”
Launched in Austin in 2011, MyEdu’s mission is to help students reduce the cost of a college diploma, and generally make the high school to college and college to post-grad employment roads less bumpy.
In addition to new tools for recruiters and employers, the company is launching a new MyEdu Student Profile to help members showcase their skills and experience. The new profile allows students to visually showcase their classes, projects, internships and the talents and passions that make each student unique.
“Students have repeatedly told us that they are not well served by the traditional resume or most professional networking sites,” says Frank Lyman, SVP of Products & Marketing at MyEdu. “It takes more than reading a list of historical jobs to truly understand what a student or young professional is capable of. Our goal is to help MyEdu members tell their stories through a unique visual experience and the data that powers the MyEdu platform. We believe that with a better tool to showcase their talents, more students will achieve their academic and professional goals.”
How the New Platform Works
As students use MyEdu’s academic tools, data, and insights they build a unique MyEdu Student Profile using a simple visual interface. Through the MyEdu Student Profile students can:
- Feature their coursework, skills, talents, and experiences
- Highlight other personal experiences like group projects, language skills, military service, certifications, work history and philanthropy
- Visually tell their stories and connect with peers and employers to discover new academic and career opportunities
MyEdu for Employers improves employers’ ability to hire the best talent by extending their reach across campuses, connecting earlier with students to build their company’s brand, and identifying and building relationships with highly targeted potential candidates. At MyEdu recruiters can:
- Target job postings and identify candidates using specific criteria such as school, major, graduation year, courses taken, work and extracurricular experiences
- Identify students with unique experience and passions outside of the classroom
- Interact directly with students and mentor those who seek advice on courses, skills, and activities that will prepare them for a desired career
- Develop unique insights into candidates using MyEdu’s rich academic data
More at MyEDU.