Kno’s latest release has a social side
Education software company Kno has delivered its next major release with a significant set of new features including Social Sharing to continue to drive student engagement and improve studying efficiency to empower educational outcomes. The new Social Sharing feature allow students and teachers the ability to collaborate by sharing highlights, notes and more with other students and teachers within the context of their book. Additionally, Kno has extended support for Android devices and Windows 7 OS in addition to its current iPad and Web apps.“The addition of support for Android devices and Windows 7 OS also extends our reach to nearly 100% of students no matter what device they choose for school this fall.”
“Our mission is to go beyond a flat digital book and let the book become the basis of an interactive and now a shared experience. The ability to share study notes is one of the most significant innovations added to the Kno app since its initial launch,” said Babur Habib, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer at Kno, Inc. “The addition of support for Android devices and Windows 7 OS also extends our reach to nearly 100% of students no matter what device they choose for school this fall.”
Kno’s Social Sharing will allow any teacher or student to share the content they add to a digital book with fellow students and teachers. This could include highlights and notes but will extend to everything they can add within Kno, such as SmartLinks to external websites, or items they add to their Journal such as drawings, pictures and videos.
Also with the new app release, Kno has added other new capabilities that are unique to its digital textbooks, such as the Advanced Search feature, which allows students to search within a specific book or more broadly across the books associated with a specific course, term or their entire library. When enabled, Kno’s new Advanced Search also uses a book’s index to increase search relevance and allows students to search for the most useful images, tables, and figures.
This release builds on Kno’s interactive features that allow students to engage with the content better and study more efficiently including:
- A digital Journal that automatically saves a student’s notes and highlights them in a study notebook.
- Automatic Flash Cards of key terms in a book to help students study more efficiently and better retain information.
- 3D models that bring difficult chemistry concepts to life to make them easier to understand.
- Quiz Me feature, which automatically turns any diagram in a book into a multiple choice quiz for easy self-quizzing before tests.
- SmartLinks that deliver instructional videos, images, and photos to formulas and concepts in a textbook in real-time for easy reference.
The new Kno free app is available today at www.kno.com for both K-12 and higher education digital textbooks.